Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tues June 8th Palmetto Portraits

I loved the display! I had never seen a display with just portraits taken by cameras. I was extremely impressed with the content it covered. Everyone was displayed from infants to older adults taking their last breaths. I thought the display was exquisite. However, I felt like the display lacked diversity. They consisted mostly of Caucasian and African American citizens. Also, I only saw two portraits with a dog or cat. I just wished they would have encompassed more nationalities and other walks of life like birds and other animals.

Description:I chose the portrait of two women. Taken in Charleston. The name of the portrait was Elizabeth Marie and Sarah Anne. I was intruqued by it because you could not tell if the two women were related or lovers or if one or both were pregnant. It was full of so many unanswered questions. I asked two classmates and both were confused as well. The portrait is one of two women holding hands. One seems pregnant and the other is in question. With the shirt she is wearing you can not tell.
Interpretation:It meant a great deal to me. It shows how easily something can get misconscrewed. The portrait leaves a great deal of unanswered questions so the viewer is left to come to his or her own conclusion. It is like this everyday in real life, one is constantly making judgements based on what he or shee sees without knowing the full story. This was the only portrait that made me really think and I loved it!
Evaluation: I liked the clarity of the portrait, it was flawless and I did like that it made me think analytically. I also liked that it displayed a life lesson through a photograph of two women.

No comments:

Post a Comment