Sunday, June 13, 2010

Assignment 2- Art Class

I thought the boomwackers where a novel idea and I thoroughly enjoyed making music with them. Although I will not teach, I learned a great deal about music and notes in class. I've always wanted to read music and in class I learned some of the basics. The important thing about music to me is that I can connect with it. The music must be relatable. I love to study with music but many times it is not effective because I may get up and beging dancing. I study with the music on so I won't have silence or if I'm in the library so I won't hear everyone else's conversation. I believe music influences our lives in every way. It is difficult to say exactly how.
A concert I most remember is one I went to years ago when with my favorite gospel singer Deitrick Haddon. I remember it so vividly because he did not put on a production like I thought he would. His stage was just him and his musicians and he wore a white tee shirt with black jeans and converse. However, it was the best concert I had ever been to. He got away from the glamour aspect of the business and just showcased his raw talent and that was awesome to see.
I listen to gospel and pop the most. I would pay alot of money to see Deitrick again. I really love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment