Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How About That Hair!?

The class went to see Hair at the Trustus Theatre! & it reminded me of just how much talent we have in Columbia. It also gave me another great thing to do when my friends and I are out of options, going to see a play would be great!
Hair was not what I was expecting in the least! I expected a family play with feel good songs and got men is Speedo's. The content was fabulous however and it was great catching a glimpse of what life was like way before my time. The actors did a phenomenal job putting on the production and I was so impressed by one of my friends from high school and had a role in the play! The nudity right before the intermission threw me off a great deal as did some of the sexual content. As I said Hair was nothing like what I expected but was executed wonderfully. Bless the actors hearts for having to perform with little to no air. I look forward to going back to Trustus for a night out with friends or a date but I don't think I want to experience "Hair" again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment