Sunday, June 13, 2010

Assignment 1

I have made a great deal of art. My favorite is painting because many times the work isn't so simple to detect. I have made a drawing before and it came out pretty well. It was of a koala and although the dimensions were wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed making it. It has been at least 5 years since I've been to a museum. A year since I went to an art gallery and I've never been to am atist studio. I've never been in a formal play outside of church, nor opera or art film. I dance often. I try to dance at least 4 times a week. I love it. I generally learn best from powerpoints and little group interaction. I am taking this class because it is required for my Public Health major. The only art that has moved me is dance. It's my escape from everything. Many things inspire me like the beautiful atmosphere outside on some days or the gloomy look of rainy days and my baby brother also inspires me.
Art is the simplest form of self expression to me and it encompasses so much. I seldomly consider movies, video games, or comics at. Television does have some of the makings of being art and music is always art in my opinion. I believe the individual person decides what is good and bad art based on their personal opinions. When debating music and movies with friends I consider many things. With music I look for the content of the lyrics and the voice. With movies I pay attention to the acting and if it believable or not. I also look at the picture quality. The best movie of last year in my opinion was The Dark Knight. I loved everything about it. An art film is a film showcasing only art. Many genres of music is on my music player. Gospel, pop and country are the ones I listen to most.

No comments:

Post a Comment